PEST CONTROL SILVERDALE
Silverdale is a village approximately 30 km north of Auckland in the North Island of New Zealand. It is located on the north bank of the Weiti River and lies to the west of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula.
State Highway 1 passes to the west of the village via the Northern Motorway. The former route of State Highway 1 runs south-west to north-east through the village. This route was redesignated State Highway 17 before being redesignated Hibiscus Coast Highway (part of Urban Route 31). This passes through Orewa and Waiwera before joining State Highway 1 at the termination of the motorway south of Puhoi.
Hibiscus Coast busway station is the northernmost station participating in the Northern Busway. It is located on the Hibiscus Coast Highway a few hundred metres south-west of Silverdale.
Shakespear regional park
The Kawerau hapū Ngāti Kahu traditionally inhabited the area, prior to the arrival of Europeans. Ngāti Kahu's major focuses of settlement were around Te Haruhi Bay and Army Bay.Whangaparaoa Peninsula was purchased by the government in 1853, after which settlers began developing the land for grazing. Ngāti Kahu continued to live on the land until the 1890s. The Shakespear family acquired many of the landholdings, and farmed the area for much of the 20th century.
The northern area of the park was acquired by the New Zealand Army during World War II.
In 1967 the Shakespear family sold their land to the Auckland Regional Council, who established the Shakespear Regional Park.